NEWS: From 15/8/2023, Vietnam will issue electronic visas (e-visas) to citizens of all countries and territories around the world (including Nepal and Bhutan) and increase the validity duration to 90 days, valid for single or multiple entries.
It is hereby announced the ONE and ONLY official website for applying Vietnamese e-visa:
https://dichvucong.bocongan.gov.vn/bocongan/bothutuc/tthc?matt=26277 (LATEST, recommended to use)
The e-visa system and website are run and managed by the Immigration Department, Ministry of Public Security of Vietnam. For any enquiries, complaints or requests, please read instructions carefully and contact the authorities through the hotline/email/contact form stated in the e-visa website.
All other websites are not legit.
To be on the safer side, submit an application at least 7 – 40 working days (working days are Mon – Fri, except holidays) or more prior departure to avoid any forced cancellations of tickets and other bookings. In the best scenario, wait until you receive e-visa before other bookings.
Though being very convenient and easy, delays may occur due to errors or mistakes in the process of application and/or some are requested by authorities to correct information. Please check your registered email gradually.
NOTE: The Embassy cannot and does not have the right to approve/issue e-visa or, do corrections, modifications, amendment, change of information in the e-visa or check the legitimacy of issued e-visa. For those requests or any inquiry, please contact the Immigration Department through the contact form stated in the e-visa website or email email@example.com, hotline +8424-382-64026.
E-VISA FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
- General questions
- Who is eligible for an e-Visa?
Vietnam is currently launching a pilot e-Visa system for citizens from all countries.
- How long does it take to obtain an e-Visa?
An e-Visa is processed within 05 – 30 working days after the Vietnam Immigration Department receives the completed application and full e-Visa fee.
- How long is an e-Visa valid for?
An e-Visa is single/multiple entry and valid for a maximum of 90 days.
- What is the minimum passport expiry date required to apply for an e-Visa?
According to Vietnam Law, the visa expiry date must be at least 30 days before the passport expiry date. Therefore, an e-Visa expiry date must also be at least 30 days before the passport expiry date.
- How can I check my e-Visa result?
To check an e-Visa result, follow these steps:
Step 1: Visit the page: https://evisa.xuatnhapcanh.gov.vn/tra-cuu-ho-so
Step 2: Provide the required information, including registration code, email and date of birth, to check and print your e-Visa result.
* Note: – Registration code must be saved in order to check and print e-Visa.
– No email will be sent regarding e-Visa results.
- What if I have queries about my e-Visa?
Two options are available to answer queries:
Option 1: Check for more information on the e-visa FAQs page.
Option 2: Send your queries via the e-Visa Support page or email firstname.lastname@example.org, hotline +8424-382-64026 .
- Can I get an extension on my 30-day e-Visa?
Yes, but this can only be done from within Vietnam. After entering Vietnam by E-visa, you can request an agency/organization/relatives in Vietnam to guarantee your stay and apply on your behalf for a new visa at the Vietnam Immigration Department in accordance with Section 1, Article 16 of the Law on Entry, Exit, Transit and Residence of Foreigners in Vietnam.
- Can I enter Vietnam after the entry date on my application?
Your visa is valid from the start to end dates specified. You can enter the country any time within those dates.
- Do I need to queue at the Visa on Arrival counter in Vietnam?
You do not need to queue at Visa on Arrival counters. You can bring your printed e-Visa and passport directly to the immigration counter.
- Do I need to print my vietnam evisa?
Yes, you will need to print out your eVisa before travelling to Vietnam, as you must have a physical copy when you land at the airport.
- I will travel to other countries with a transit in Vietnam. Do I need a Vietnamese visa?
This depends on your flight which is a connecting flight and full-service or not (many low-cost airlines will not provide travelers with transit support service even in a very short of time). If you are in a connecting flight, you do not need a Vietnam visa. However, if you are in separate flights and need to check in again for your second flight, you must obtain Vietnam visa. You can apply for a Vietnam visa at Vietnam Embassy or apply for evisa online easily.
To make sure, you should check with your airline’s agent if your luggage will be automatically transferred from one flight to another or if you need to clear immigration. If you don’t need to move out of the transit area or clear immigration, and you would not need to apply for a transit visa. However, if you have to get out of the transit area to reach the baggage claim belt yourself or clear immigration you need to apply a visa to pass the Immigration checking booth.
Tips: If you need to change Terminal for your next flight or you are travelling on different PNR, you are required to clear immigration.
- Do I need a PCR-RT COVID test for clear immigration?
No, all the restrictions have been lifted. Normally, immigration officer will not ask for covid test or vaccination proof. But in case they check randomly, make sure that you have vaccine certificate (partially/fully) ready.
- E-Visa application procedures
- How can I apply to stay in Vietnam for longer than my e-Visa permits?
After entering Vietnam by e-Visa, you can request an agency/organization/individual in Vietnam to guarantee your stay and apply on your behalf for a new visa at the Vietnam Immigration Department in accordance with Section 1, Article 16 of the Law on Entry, Exit, Transit and Residence of Foreigners in Vietnam.
- Can a Vietnamese citizen invite or guarantee my stay in Vietnam and apply for an e-Visa on my behalf?
Vietnamese citizens are not allowed to guarantee a foreigner’s stay in Vietnam with e-Visa. Foreigners must apply for an e-Visa either by themselves or through a guaranteeing agency or organization in Vietnam.
- How does an inviting or guaranteeing agency or organization apply for an e-Visa on my behalf?
Inviting or guaranteeing agencies or organizations must follow these steps:
Step 1: Apply for an account and electronic signature via Form 03 to sign in.
Step 2: Provide the required information of the foreign applicant, sign the application with the registered electronic signature and pay the e-Visa fee to complete the procedure.
- As an airline representative, how can I search for the e-Visa information of passengers flying to Vietnam?
You can check passengers’ e-Visa information by the following steps:
Step 1: Apply for an account via Form 03.
Step 2: Sign in with the account to check passengers’ e-Visa information.
III. Completing the e-Visa application
- What photos are required for the application?
Two photos of the applicant must be uploaded:
-Portrait photo (4x6cm): White background, straight looking without glasses.
-Passport data page: Full page including photo, personal information and ICAO lines.
- What if my name is too long or includes special characters?
Write your full name as it appears in the ICAO line in the bottom of your passport data page.
- Is it necessary to complete all required information in the application?
Yes. You must complete all required information to be eligible to receive an e-Visa.
- E-Visa fee and payment
- How much is the e-Visa fee?
The current e-Visa fee is 25 – 50 USD.
- How can I make a payment for my e-Visa
Payment is made via bank account. To make a payment, follow these steps:
Step 1: Choose 1 of the 4 payment methods listed on the web page.
Step 2: Provide the required information and click “Pay” to complete the procedure.
- If my e-Visa is refused or unused, will my payment be refunded?
No. Payments for e-Visa applications are non-refundable.
- Entry & exit with an e-Visa
- Which entry & exit checkpoints allow e-Visa holders to enter and exit Vietnam?
E-Visa holders can enter and exit Vietnam through any checkpoint in 42 international checkpoints. You need to determine the entry checkpoint when applying evisa.
To check more information, visit Vietnam e-Visa website.
- If I use my e-Visa to enter/exit Vietnam, what do I have to do at the checkpoint?
E-Visa holders must present the printed e-Visa and valid passport at the checkpoint.
- Do I need to enter Vietnam on the exact date specified in my e-Visa application?
The validity period of your e-Visa begins from the date specified in your approved e-Visa document. You can enter Vietnam on any date within this validity period.
- Can I enter Vietnam before or after the validity period specified in my e-Visa?
No. You cannot enter Vietnam before or after the validity period specified in your e-Visa.
- What if I want to enter Vietnam before or after my e-Visa validity period?
You must apply a new e-Visa application.