1. A Vietnamese Birth Certificate is granted to a child:
- born of two married Vietnamese citizens
- one of the parents is a Vietnamese citizen and the other is a stateless person
- mother is a Vietnamese citizen and father is unknown
2. Dossiers include:
- Application Form for Birth Certificate.
- Photocopies of the parents’ passports
- Certified true copy of marriage certificate
- Certified true copy of birth record by the hospital
- For a child born of a Vietnamese citizen and a foreign citizen, the foreign parent needs to submit an Agreement on child’s nationality stating his/her acceptance that the child may carry Vietnamese citizenship.
3. Processing time is 05 working days, excluding the posting time.
- Paid INR, payable to “the Embassy of Vietnam in India”.
- CERTAIN CONSULAR SERVICES ARE NOT PROVIDED BY THE EMBASSY, INCLUDING: Duplicate Birth Certificate (for those who were born in Viet Nam and their original birth certificates were not issued by the Embassy)
The walk-in hours of the Consular services:
- Tuesday: 10.00 am – 01.00 pm
- Friday: 10.00 am – 01.00 pm
The Embassy’s address:
The Embassy of Vietnam in India
EP-7A Chandragupta Marg, Chanakyapuri, New Delhi – 110021
Please contact our officers at +91 7042035588 if you need further information.